November 23, 2014

Recooooperating

I'm feeling much better today after spending most of yesterday in my recliner under my heated throw.  This was all thanks to a flu shot I had the day before.  I've never had anything worse than a sore arm in the past.  Mr. Gadget took good care of me....brewing tea, bringing Tylenol, and even offering to go out last night to get me some frozen yogurt.  I'm feeling much better today.....but please don't tell Mr. G.

I did manage to dose myself up enough yesterday morning to drive up to the old hotel with my handiwork for the Christmas craft show.  The show has always been the first weekend in December, but this year they've decided to do it for two weekends beginning right after Thanksgiving.

Here are a couple of my needle-felted pieces:

I knitted more sweater ornaments this year--some for the craft show and some to donate to the senior center for their holiday bazaar. I think I referred to them earlier as the "can't-say-no" sweaters.  When someone asks me to volunteer to do something, and they preface it by saying  "oh, they're so wonderful and you're so talented and they sold like hotcakes last year," my brain says no, but my mouth says yes.  How does that happen?
 
So now I'm sitting here in the Treehouse amidst the mess--threads, stuffing, little bits of fiber, jars of paint, needles and pins, and little beads rolling around.  Where is that stateroom steward when you really need him?

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love them! So adorable!