June 27, 2014

Teeny tiny real estate

Our upstairs neighbor told us a hummingbird built a nest and raised a family on top of her wind chime.  I find this amazing. I was even more amazed watching "Fabulous Frogs" on Nature, narrated by David Attenborough.  It was on PBS this past Wednesday, but it will likely be repeated.

Yesterday one of my high school friends came by for lunch and a needle-felting lesson.  I tried a new recipe and tested it on Mr. Gadget for dinner the night before.  He gave it a thumbs-up.  Chicken puffs.  As I usually do the first time I try something new, I followed the recipe exactly.  But next time I might add some mushrooms.  Many variations are possible.

Mr. Gadget just left to do some bicycle shopping.  He's already done lots of looking, so I assume today he'll be making a purchase.  He asked if I wanted one, but since I already have a bike in Connecticut that I don't ride, it seems silly to get another one that I won't ride either.

"I'll take a chair down to the beach and enjoy the ocean view while you pedal along the bike path," I told him.  "I might watch the lifeguards too."

So the weekend looks like a busy one.  On Saturday there's an arts and crafts show down by the beach, and on Sunday there's an antiques/flea market in the old part of town.  Both usually offer lots of whimsical photo ops....and you know how I like me some whimsy.

No comments: