May 18, 2021

Sun embroidery c. 1978

                               

I'm sure this is an old picture I've shared before.  I stitched it early in my embroidering life.  I should really do something with it rather than let it sit here in the Treehouse collecting dust.  But what? I think I'll just let that question percolate and see what bubbles up.  Solutions to most of my dilemmas reveal themselves if I just sit with them for a while.

In fact, just such a thing happened last week.  I was trying to decide whether or not to put a few of my needle-felted pieces in a new shop that is about to open around the corner.  It's a coffee place...with extras.  Chocolate, pastries, and a few handcrafts.  I have a feeling it's destined for success.  I mean, who doesn't love chocolate?  The owner was willing to take some of my work and it seemed like a winning situation for me with the shop's location being so very convenient.  Unfortunately, I had no items to give her.  I quickly started to ramp up production but then remembered my first rule of crafting: 1) I will not burn the midnight oil.

So, for now at least, I won't be doing that gig, although the shop is really cute and I'd love to be part of it.  I did recently learn, however,  that the old hotel will be holding its fall craft fairs this year after having cancelled them during the pandemic. So my efforts will be directed in that direction through the summer.  Meanwhile, I'll be popping in to the new shop now and then for a cup of coffee and a piece of chocolate.  I'll be anxious to test their tasty treats and check out their handcrafted offerings.  It'll be a tough job but I'm qualified!

No comments: