October 17, 2020

A mixed bag

 A short walk around the neighborhood this morning gave me quite a fright.  A snake among the pumpkins!  But not to worry.  It was a squash, or a gourd, or something.  Guaranteed to keep the little goblins away.


After a road trip earlier this week to visit my friend other Marcia for some of her great homemade pizza, and an envelope-making tutorial, I came home and made these:

It was a chance to recycle some of my old craft magazines.  Now I'm going to have to send more cards and write more letters.  Thanks, Marcia, for a new hobby!

I took along a "thank-you" ghost for her to add to her collection of my other critters that she's so graciously strewn around her house.  (Sorry I didn't take some time to prepare a more colorful backdrop.)

I've added a few more pieces to my patchwork thingy.  The patches on the left are the newest ones--in fall colors.  At some point, after it reaches a certain size, I will decide what it will be.  Meanwhile, I'm giving thought to harvesting a few old garments from various closets to add to the piece.  

The weather people say the colors are at their peak here in Connecticut but Mr. Gadget and I don't agree.  There's still plenty of green in the trees.  It is beautiful though and shouldn't be long.  There are some sunny days ahead and even a couple of days forecasted to be in the 70's.  Nothing makes a California gal happier than east coast colors with west coast weather!

No comments: