September 22, 2016

Life jackets yes; lifeboats no

So there's really no room for lifeboats on a river boat. And there's really not much need either.  You could pretty much just walk to shore.  Just one of many differences between a river cruise and an ocean cruise.  Another difference is that once you return home from a river cruise you have to do a lot of resting.  On an ocean cruise you can do your resting right on the ship.

My apologies for not blogging along the way.  The post I did from the hotel in Amsterdam went instantly from my iPad to the blog, but things seemed to bog down once onboard. And since I had places to see and people to meet, I had little time to fiddle.

The trip was wonderful (24 days from Amsterdam to Bucharest via the Rhine, Main, and Danube) and I will share some of it here in the coming days, along with the crafty items I'm trying to finish for the October old hotel show that's coming up soon.

Thanks for hangin' in!






No comments: