September 30, 2014

Cheap tours

Sometimes a person doesn't get around to see their own neck of the woods until they have company visiting.
Two of my cousins from California have been here for the last three days and I've been the tour guide. That's Molly looking glamorous and Toni with the map.
I took them by the old hotel.



We drove north to West Cornwall to see a covered bridge and other New Englandy sights.

We took the train to the big city to visit the 9/11 memorial.  Toni, the most outgoing of the 3 of us, sat in the front seat of the taxi both ways and learned the nationality, family history, favorite foods and political leanings of each of our drivers.

Now they're headed home, back to California, and my mind is trying to convince my body to get busy and get some stuff done, but it's not having any part of it.  I think I'm going to retire from the tour-guide job.

No comments: