October 12, 2009

Trip to the fair

Mr. Gadget and I took a drive up to the craft fair yesterday to see how my doll sales were going. It was a beautiful day and the fall colors were....well.....colorful! Please enjoy the photos. There are none of the craft fair. Somehow my camera was stuck to the bottom of my purse. I hate when that happens.
There were some leaf-peepers along the way, and a few lollygaggers too, but we didn't mind ambling along at 25 mph because I was quite sure these folks were all on their way to the craft fair to purchase one or several of my dolls.
I told Mr. G as we were driving that I was very anxious to see if the dolls were selling, since I'm considering making more dolls for their Christmas fair, and if things weren't moving I might be inclined to find something else to do. Maybe even knit.
After we walked in, I took a quick look around and was pleased to see how nicely my dolls were displayed. They were scattered around the old hotel just as I had hoped, and they were posed with some attitude, just as I had suggested. But I was disappointed to see so many of them still there midway through the second day of the show. Mr. G started to count. Thank goodness he didn't have a spreadsheet.
"How many dolls did you bring?" he asked. "I've counted 12."
"Seventeen," I said. "And I'm sure they didn't put them all out. I guess there's no point in making any Christmas dolls."
Before we left, I stopped by the check-out counter. I introduced myself and asked how my sales were going.
"Oh, your dolls have been quite popular," the check-out lady said. "We've sold quite a few....the bee, the frog, and some others. I was going to call you to see if you had more dolls at home." Huh?
"But the bee and the frog are still on display," I said, confused as all get out.
"Yes," she said. "But several have been spoken for and have sold stickers on them." Oh!
So Mr. Gadget and I--in a lighthearted mood-- headed home so I could get started on Christmas dolls.
"Would you like to stop at Jimmy's road kill, I mean street food, restaurant for lunch to celebrate?" he asked.
"No thanks," I replied. "I've got liver and onions in the fridge."

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Great news! I knew they'd do well!

Change of plans for Rhinebeck....it looks like Sunday, partly because of weather. Will fill you in.

Kathy W said...

Yay, Marcia!