April 26, 2015

What's for breakfast?

Coffee with a side of yarn.  Although, I do like a little protein...just enough to keep me out of the fridge till lunch.

Yesterday, other Marcia and I took a road trip to the Connecticut Sheep and Wool Festival.  It was a beautiful sunny day, but winter still lingers.  Hats, scarves and mittens were in order....which is not necessarily a bad thing at a fiber festival. There was lots of wooly goodness on display.

I bought a skein of sock yarn, but with no intention of knitting socks.  There are so many patterns now for beautiful scarves made from sock yarn, and the variegated skeins make some of the prettiest ones.

The mug was an impulse buy (well, maybe the yarn was too..heh..heh).  I like to pay homage to sheep for the years of enjoyment they've given me.
Here in the Treehouse I'm working on a new clay witch.    
The clay is now dry and I'll soon begin the painting, dressing and wigging process.  Oh, and the hatting thing too.  I'm confident she'll be ready for Halloween.

I also have a paper mache witch underway. 
I started her over a year ago and then banished her to the time-out shelf.  I did a poor job on her arms.  They'll need to be amputated and reconstructed.  I'd like to give her a jack-o-lantern to hold...big enough for a battery-operated tealight...so the new arms will need to be sturdy.  And the hands....well, they're always a challenge.  I have a long way to go to perfect sculpted hands.  Can a witch wear mittens I wonder?  It's so much easier to make a Santa...but only half the fun.

So now it's lunch time and that means I'm free to raid the fridge.   

No comments: