January 13, 2014

Long lost relatives

We arrived at the Calcondo on Friday, and on Saturday....bright and early.....who should show up but Uncle Guzz and Auntie Boozie.  At least that's who they said they were. They said they were my relatives from way back.  So far back, in fact, that I might not even remember meeting them.


I have to say, there's absolutely no resemblance.  They're really short, and they don't have my olive complexion.  They certainly don't have my hair.  But they say they're related, so how could I be so cruel as to turn them away?

They had no trouble making themselves right at home.  They don't eat much, but they sure like to drink.  They've pretty much drunk us dry.  In fact, I'm more than ready for them to leave because, well, it's getting a little difficult to explain their presence to friends who drop by.  They should be gone in a day or two.  I'm just guessing they'll be moving on to someone else's home and professing to be their relatives, and drinking them out of house and home too.

So I'll be back soon with more of the story.  I'll check with our family-tree expert to see if I can find out just exactly who they are. In the meantime, I'm going to keep my lip zipped because I'd hate to offend them.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

lol You like todays weather at the Calcondo? Warm huh