October 11, 2016

A big orange something

This thing somehow sprouted on my work table yesterday.  I do have a plan for it, but you'd never know it at this point.  You'll just have to follow along as it begins to blossom.

So yesterday I got a call from a lady who had been at the old hotel craft show and had purchased two of my witches.....the felted one with bunny slippers, and the really ugly one holding the cat.  She loved the whimsicalness she said. And that made me happy because, you know me, I just love me some whimsy.

Would I, she wanted to know, be interested in putting some things in a holiday show she was organizing?

And since I've just been talking about slowing down my often-frenzied-crafting schedule, I asked her for more details.  My work would be displayed in a gallery-type setting for six weeks during Nov. and Dec. and my presence would not be required.  I could display as much or as little as I wanted with a reasonable commission for things that sold.

"What about picking up my unsold items?" I asked her.  "I'll be out of town and not available to do that in a timely manner."

"Not a problem," she said. "I'll take them home, put them around my house, and keep them safe."

I told her I'd think about it and get back to her.  So much for slowing down.

No comments: