February 27, 2009

Loose ends

Mr. Gadget and I will be heading back to Connecticut tomorrow, so we've been busy bees getting things eaten, straightened, dusted, washed, packed and tossed. Maybe this would be a good time to tie up a few loose ends here on the blog.
The tree that had been so heinously hacked is now showing signs of new life. Let us rejoice!
I'm washing Mr. Fleece's fleece.
Lydia did remember the driver's training episode when I attempted to pull out in front of a school bus. In fact, she seemed to remember it quite vividly, but fortunately it didn't spoil her dinner.
The coat I repaired, cleaned, and mailed to Big City Girl the week before we left home did finally arrive last week. 7 weeks is pretty good for priority mail between Connecticut and New York City, don't you think? I'd probably be willing to pay more for this kind of good service in the future.....
The pistol-shooting range, where Tech Guy was going to celebrate his birthday, was closed. Now, maybe he'll just go to Chuck E. Cheese like I wanted him to.
Some good samaritan removed the sidewalk debris.
Oh, that article I was going to write? Didn't finish it. Will finish it eventually though. I like what my friend said about us not being in school anymore. We can get our assignments done any old time we feel like it.

The cruise in April will depart from Ft. Lauderdale, spend six days at sea, and visit Madeira, Gibralter, Rome, Florence, Sardinia, Monte Carlo, Seville and Barcelona. I asked Mr. G if he knew whether there were sardines in Sardinia and he didn't, so I'll be looking into that....

I must remember to take my calendar home with me. I have medical appointments in March that I probably shouldn't forget.

After that unfortunate squabble Mr. Gadget and I had a few weeks ago over the motor vehicle issue, there has been no more raising of voices, so I never got any chocolates of indignation. Maybe there's still time. I wonder if I could put his fleece in the dryer and play dumb....

Oh, and that new project I mentioned yesterday? I stitched a new blog banner. Tech Guy has told me he'll help me get it up and flying this weekend. I hate this business of the older generation having to rely on the younger generation for tech stuff. He'll probably try to hold me hostage now and insist on a chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and a cheesecake....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where to start? First, if I recall from Crazy Aunt Purl's blog, they tend to do that to trees in California! Some trees just need tough love!
Can't wait to see the new banner, but you really need to learn how to do this stuff.....says she who hasn't changed her banner in years, 'cause she can't remember how!
I'm disappointed that TG didn't get to try some pistol shooting. There is nothing evil about it and it's a lot of fun!
Don't forget to put WEBS on your list for March!
I need to ask you some cruising questions....like where do you FIND them?!
Have a good flight home!

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage! Looking forward to seeing new banner. And finding out if there are sardines in Sardinia!