March 12, 2008

And the muse said, "Let there be cows!"

I got up this morning with a hankerin' to make cows. I think it was brought on by these two pieces of colorful, festive fabrics sitting here in the treehouse taunting me.
It's hard to see the hearts on the red one, so here's a better picture:
I have no idea how the cows will come out, as both of these pieces are very different from my usual cow-print selections. But I do know if I dilly-dally when shopping for doll fabric, I'm not as pleased with the final result as I am if I buy on impulse. These two pieces were impulse-purchased on my last fabric-buying excursion just before we left SoCal. I may have forgotten to mention that one. I may have been on a quick trip to return library books and just happened to stop off...heh...heh.....
While rummaging through my collection of doll patterns, I remembered having sketched a new idea for painted-on cow eyes.....something different than my usual practice of gluing on black beads. I wasn't sure where I had sketched it, but I did vaguely recall that I might have drawn it on another pattern piece--one totally unrelateded to cows--because it was handy and I wanted to get it down on paper before I forgot. After looking through a dozen or more envelopes, I found it on my angel wings pattern. I must get organized.
Then, while removing the cow pattern pieces from the envelope, I noticed something I hadn't seen before. On the piece for the cow's neck bandana, which I had cut from the newspaper's classifieds section, I saw this:
I'm sure he's just a handyman-type who'll do yard clean-up and wash windows and other odd jobs. Ya gotta wonder though. I don't plan on calling to find out. I already have a man who'll do all that stuff and he doesn't charge much.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, you might want to forward that number to Mrs. Spitzer!

kathy b said...

cows.......what a cute idea! bessie the heifer?