June 05, 2007

We interrupt this blog for a trip to China....

Mr. Gadget and I are almost packed, and I'm hoping I'll have time for a little nap before we head off to the airport. We have our tickets, and you'll notice they're the old-fashioned kind.....not those new-fangled electronic tickets. Maybe there'll be some old-fashioned service too.....like maybe a pillow and a blanket, and a regular meal instead of little bags of peanuts.

We also have our dorky tour badges, but I guess we'd look like tourists even without those. Max, our regular taxi driver (he lives across the street....how convenient) will be by to pick us up at 9:45 this evening.

This morning I checked the weather for Beijing, and the forecast is for 100 degrees for the next few days. I'll try to keep a positive attitude. I'll think of it as balmy and tropical.....I wonder if they know what a pina colada is in China? If so, I think I'll be having one of those.

I'll be back.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage....

Maddie Can Fly said...

Have a great time! Wish I were going too. . . .